Thursday, February 19, 2009

NWJHL Playoffs underway

The NWJHL playoffs are up and running with two series getting going last night.

Grand Prairie 3 - Dawson Creek 2

GP leads series 1 - 0

In the series that I predicted the upset the #5 ranked Wheelers get a huge road victory in game 1. Check out Darren Dupont's blog for more about last night's game. The link is in my other blogs section. I have to say I am not surprised by this result. The Jr Canucks looked uninspired and lost in their final regular season game against Peace River. They haven't been playing well of late and it is hard to get it turned around and rolling in the playoffs.

Peace River 1 - Beaverlodge 0

PR leads series 1 - 0

Wow, that's a crazy score. Peace River is a very good team in their own end of the rink and they are well coached. I am not that surprised to see them playing low scoring games but this is a missed opportunity for Beaverlodge. I made Aaron Dumas my key to this series and this game demonstrates why. The Blades only allow one goal and lose. If Dumas and Robinson had found a way to score a couple they steal home ice away from the Navs. This series is going to get very interesting. Will Peace be able to win in Beaverlodge? That's a tough place to play for road teams, just ask the Huskies last season. Hmm, this is already a fascinating playoffs.

No comments: