Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blades win game 3

Beaverlodge wins in double OT. The series between the Blades and the Navigators is now Peace River 2 - 1. Game four will be in Beaverlodge Saturday.

Let's break this down a bit.

Game 1 - Peace River 1 - Beaverlodge 0
Game 2 - Peace River 4 - Beaverlodge 3 (OT)
Game 3 - Beaverlodge 4 - Peace River 3 (2OT)

So they have played 2 plus OT periods and all three games have been decided by one goal. Could this series be any tighter? I guess it looks like it will go to game 5. I wish Peace River was closer to FSJ so I could go see game 5 if there is one. I can honestly see a scenario where Peace and Dawson lose their series. I think that you would obviously want the top seeds to progress and play each other but everyone loves an underdog.

Game 3 between Dawson and GP is tonight in GP. You can listen at peacefm.ca to Darren Dupont and the Jr Canucks broadcast. He does an excellent job and you can check out his and Dave Dawson's blog in my blog list. They both blog a lot about the NWJHL and have lots of good insight.

No comments: