Monday, January 5, 2009

Back from Vacation and ready for Stoney Plain

So I am now back from my holiday vacation to the sunny and warm climate that is Vancouver BC. Seriously, it snowed every single day I was in the Lower Mainland. What a waste of a trip. If it wasn't for my friends and family I would have gone somewhere sunny. Luckily my flight got canceled and I had to drive down on Christmas Eve, arriving home at 6 in the a.m. on Christmas Day. I am back now though and ready to get back at it.

I can not express how excited I am about heading to Dawson this weekend to watch the Flyers take on Stoney Plain. It was a great matchup where the Flyers went to the Plain earlier in the season and the Flyers are in better shape now than they were then. Not sure about the rosters yet but The Flyers will miss Shuya if he isn't there and I wouldn't expect him to be, Shuya was a monster in the first Stoney Plain series. The two teams split those first two games and I expect two more great tilts this weekend. Probably the best hockey you will see until the McKenzie Cup.

On an unrelated note, is anyone not excited about the game tonight? Hopefully Canada pulls it off with a couple of goals from Canuck prospect Cody Hodgson. And where would Canada be without Evander Kane? A late injury replacment, Kane has been massive in the knockout rounds. The Vancouver Giants continue to produce great WHL talent.

No comments: